Marketing Strategist/Marketing Analyst- Pacific or Mountain Time Zone
3-4 years Experience DATA Analysis Expertise using DOMO & BIZIBLE Essential
Martech Stack Exposure- Drift, 6th Sense, Marketo, Sales Force
Medius is a leading global provider of cloud-based spend management solutions, helping organizations drive their business forward by enabling best-in-class process efficiency, cost-savings, and greater financial control.
Our modular spend management suite includes market leading solutions for payments, strategic sourcing, contract management, procurement, accounts payable automation, and supplier management as well as data insight tools bringing control, compliance and cost savings throughout the entire source-to-pay process.
If you are ready to challenge yourself in a business with incredible momentum and rapid growth; in a company leading the change – not following it – then come and join us here at Medius.
For more info: www.medius.com
The Marketing Strategist/Marketing Analyst will support the entire marketing organization and will analyze and interpret data to deliver insights and recommendations that are data-driven and improve the performance of marketing programs and campaigns. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, with an in-depth knowledge of marketing strategy, attribution models, funnel measurement, lifecycle management, hand-off process to sales, and are experienced with the functional areas of marketing automation, MarTech, CRM and reporting and analytics. This candidate will effectively communicate findings and actionable recommendations to stakeholders in a succinct manner.
This role supports Medius’s marketing database, marketing technologies, and processes, and will help to optimize our marketing initiatives for better resource allocation and understanding of key levers to pull, all within a dynamic and ever-changing business landscape.
As a member of the Marketing Operations & Analytics team, the Marketing Strategist, is an integral player in the scalable growth of the entire marketing organization, helping define measurement frameworks, building predictable business practices, and accelerating our pipeline and revenue engine. On any given day, you may be helping evaluate Medius’s brand awareness, measure campaign effectiveness, dig into whitespace in our prospect database, or identify ways to optimize the hand-off between marketing and sales. This role reports to the Vice President, Marketing Operations & Analytics.
- Manage the marketing programs and initiatives framework, to identify any gaps in our data for measuring performance.
- Support all areas of marketing, including brand, demand gen, field, and product
- Support measurement and process improvements to optimize the hand-off between marketing and sales.
- Identify and create KPI performance dashboards to measure progress towards campaign goals and pipeline targets; showcase what’s driving (or impeding) success.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of internal datasets from our MA and CRM to help optimize marketing efforts throughout the customer journey. This would include, but not be limited to, providing actionable insights to help drive brand awareness, prospect engagement, product awareness, MQL quality, and pipeline and revenue.
- Cross-channel attribution and impact across all marketing efforts to provide insights and recommendations on tactics, activity, frequency, and behaviors for improved funnel performance, channel efficiency, and ROI.
- Review and optimize lead scoring models.
- Present findings and recommendations to executive-level stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to create and optimize standardized reports and dashboards to provide ongoing data and insights for internal stakeholders.
- Partner with the MarTech counterparts to evaluate technology and process change impact.
- Partner with the Marketing Automation counterparts to manage the marketing database strategy including list segmentation, data cleanliness and integrity; defining a roadmap for data management improvements.
What You Bring to the Table
Education, Experience & Training required:
- 5+ years of analytics experience in a sales and marketing environment.
- 3+ years of experience with fast-growth company
- Strong data visualization skillset, specifically with DOMO. This includes both back-end ETL management and front-end dashboard design and best practices.
- Thorough understanding, management, and optimization of marketing attribution models, specifically with Adobe Marketo Measure (aka Bizible).
- Relevant experience in key business systems such as CRMs and marketing automation platforms a must.
- In-depth knowledge of how data workflows push/update within CRM within MarTech stacks.
- Experience working with multiple and large datasets.
- Experience in business-to-business marketing of cloud or high technology products or services preferred.
- Experience in statistical modeling, experiment design, and A/B testing.
- Experience in customer journey analysis and demand funnel analysis.
- Experience with data normalization and development using SQL/ other query tools a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics data and web analytics
- In-depth knowledge and best practices for data manipulation and analysis techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, computer science, or marketing.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Breadth of analytical experience across multiple marketing functions and analytic tools including Adobe Marketo Measure (Bizible), DOMO
- An understanding of selling cycles and product lifecycles and the pressure they place on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue.
- High level of project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Marketing Operations and various MarTech systems including 6sense and Drift.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills, balancing thoughtful analysis with timeliness.
- Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration and ability to present complicated data findings in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to identify key insights despite imperfect data.
- Ability to think in the abstract and understand the intricacies of a complex system.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
Note to Recruitment Agencies- Please note we do use recruitment agencies when we need the extra support. This role is fully covered by ourselves and we do not wish to to utilize external recruiters. Any contact with our leadership or members from outside of the recruitment team would result in instant disqualification of the recruitment agency. Should you wish to indulge and discuss feel free to reach me at the first instance and I will be happy to answer your questions.